Use to configure business rules for the Subscription Billing component, including:
• Products – the services the customer will buy
• Plans – the terms and conditions for purchase, including prices
• Phase – timing for changes to the Plans
• Price List – the collection of Plans
• Billing Period – the time periods that define when a customer is billed (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.)
• Rules – behaviour that the Subscription Billing component displays when a plan is created cancelled or changed.
The Subscription Billing function will trigger an invoice whenever there is a change in the system that requires a new charge.
Note: An invoice is the internal activation of a service within the Subscription Billing function without triggering a charge to the external payment provider.
• Change in subscription (creation, upgrade/downgrade, cancellation, etc.)
• Recurring charge due date (daily, weekly, monthly recurring subscriptions)
• Operator manually triggers a charge
• The following types of invoices items are supported:
• Recurring charges
• Fixed (one-time) charges
• Fixed (one-time) external charges – triggered manually
• Usage charges
• Invoice item adjustment – triggered manually
• Invoice level adjustment – credit
• Repair – automatic adjustment when subscription is changed
• Credit balance adjustment – automatic
• Refunds via customer support
The Subscription Billing function will trigger a payment whenever prompted based on invoicing rules and triggers.
Note: A payment is the triggering of a charge to the external payment provider.
• payments and refunds for recurring billing
• direct payment for one-off charges
Subscription Billing functionality is provided using the Kill Bill open-source Subscription Billing Platform, which runs using AWS cloud services.